What We’re About
As citizens of the wealthiest and most militarily powerful country in the world, Americans increasingly understand why it is so crucial to analyze and attempt to influence U.S. policy. The Third Coast Activist Resource Center was created to help people in the Austin area in their efforts at organizing for social justice and ecological sustainability. The Center’s two main goals are (1) to distribute educational resources and organize community events about U.S. policy around the world, and (2) to strengthen the local activist network that is part of a national and international movement for global justice.
Our activities include:
- organizing guest speakers, panel discussions, and films.
- maintaining a website, ThirdCoastActivist.org, with a local events calendar and directory of activist groups, downloadable materials, event fliers, and news links.
- maintaining an email announcement list for events in the Austin area — the Third Coast list (formerly the NOWAR list).
- partners with the Workers Defense Project and Cooperation Texas in the progressive community center 5604 Manor.
- support for the 5604 Manor Community Garden
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Robert Dailey, 5604 Manor volunteer
Eliza Gilkyson, Musician
Jim Rigby, Pastor at Saint Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
Patrick Youngblood, Teacher at McCallum High School, Austin ISD